Re: model licensing principles

I've found the model licenses developed by John Cox et al to be very
helpful.  I've also used portions of the CIC licenses and found them to be
extremely helpful.  Most publishers are reasonable people, and when I can
show examples of what others are using, I've been able to reach an
equitable agreement in the majority of cases.

Judy L. Johnson, Chair
Acquisitions Dept
University Libraries
University of Nebraska-Lincoln		Phone: 402-472-3938
PO Box 880410 ; 13th & R Sts		Fax:   402-472-2534
Lincoln, NE 68588-0410			E-Mail: judyj@unllib.unl.edu

I've come across various model licensing principles.  I'm wondering how
useful the principles are to librarians who are actually negotiating
licensing agreements.  Also, does any one model stick out in particular?
Thanks.

Lesley

Lesley Ellen Harris
Editor, The Copyright & New Media Law Newsletter

libraries@copyrightlaws.com