University Joint Programs and e-resources access

The University of Michigan Press hasn't been confronted with such a
question to date, but I expect that we would determine that such access is
authorized.  Our site license specifies that authorized users of our
electronic resources include "students officially affiliated with the
subscriber, or authorized clients of the subscriber's library facilities."

So long as students enrolled in joint programs are entitled to access to
the subscribing institution's brick and mortar libraries, these students
would be considered authorized users by us.  If regular students and staff
are allowed remote access, these students in joint programs, too, would be
entitled to the same remote access privileges.

(Full text of terms at: http://www.press.umich.edu/webhome/mec/sitelic.ht
ml)

Barbara Tran
Digital Publishing Administrator