University Joint Programs and e-resources access

For those of you where joint programs (either at the undergraduate,
master or PhD level) are offered, what do you do as far as remote
access to your e-resources? I am more interested in those joint
programs where the students are registered only in their mother
institution: do you give them remote access to your electronic
databases or journals? If so, have you included in your license
agreement a special clause that would covered such access?

The access in itself is easy to give with a proxy server but I am
more concerned on the legality of all this. I don't recall seeing any
such debate on this issue.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this and if you have been able
to introduce such a clause I would like to see it!

Thank you!

Louis Houle                       Tel. :(514)398-4730
InterLibrary Loan/                fax  :(514)398-7184
Document Delivery Coordinator     email:houle@library.mcgill.ca
McLennan Building
Room M1-55C
McGill University