Library Journal Column

As some of you may know, Library Journal has initiated a regular column
about consortia, to be written by "various contributors inside and outside
consortia."

Anyway, I've authored the first column in the series (pages 57-58 of the
March 15 issue of Library Journal). The title of my column is:
"Understanding Consortia Better: What Vendors Can Learn".

The basic drift of the column is advice about library consortia, for
vendors, from consortial practitioners. In other words, it represents one
perspective. I'd appreciate it if representatives from the
publisher/vendor sector might take a look at the column and let me know
about:

1. Other important information/issues about consortia that might be of
value to vendors/publishers.

2. Information/issues that vendors and publishers would like consortia to
understand about how vendors and publishers operate.

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone:  (217) 333-4895