RE: Unresponsive information providers

I agree with Ellen Finnie Duranceau's posting.  This year, I have received
poor customer service from companies I considered reputable.  It's
frustrating to keep inquiring when the vendor plans to send the library a
copy of the license agreement or billing invoice.  Personally, I keep a
journal of when I called, who I spoke to, and type of action the vendor
plans to take on what day.  If there is no action, I call again to ask the
status of the situation.  It's ludicrous, but it seems the only way to
conduct business.

The sales representatives are almost useless in helping since they do not
deal with billing or contracts.  They refer you to someone else, and
that's when the level of service is almost non-existent.

Sincerely,
Liz Lorbeer, Collection Development Librarian

Liz Lorbeer, Ed.M., M.L.S.			Library of Rush University
Collection Development Librarian	Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical
Center
ELorbeer@rushu.rush.edu <mailto:ELorbeer@rushu.rush.edu>
312-942-2282