Bundling E & P? (was Sage titles)

I am confused.  From all I hear, librarians dislike having print and
electronic versions of a journal 'bundled' (ie sold as an indissoluble
package) and want the option of buying electronic only.  Yet when
publishers make the transition to selling the 2 versions separately, there
is an outcry.  (It seems a reasonable strategy to include electronic for
every print subscriber at the beginning, just so that the publisher can
begin to learn how customers react.)

What do you really want?

Sally Morris, Secretary-General
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone:  01903 871686 Fax:  01903 871457 E-mail:  sec-gen@alpsp.org.uk
ALPSP Website  http://www.alpsp.org.uk