RE: Sage titles (access and licenses)

Course packs.

This is not really a problem, because all that is necessary to do is to
give the students the url, and they themselves, being included in the
institution's ip based access, can use the journal. (Use off campus has
the usual problems of requiring a proxy server or a password). As far as I
know this makes all wording about course packs in licenses irrelevant.
In fact this is much more flexible than conventional electronic reserves,
which limits access to the students actually enrolled in the course (and
with the licensing fees paid on that basis). With any e-journal, everyone
gets access, and to the whole journal, not just a selected article.

As far as requiring oclc or ebsco, we too have had great difficulty
setting up titles that require it. I very strongly urge all publishers who
want to actualy sell access to as many libraries as possible to avoid
this.

David Goodman