Re: Legal signatures ramifications

I believe the lawyers are worried that the salespeople employed by the
firm will modify the contract given to the potential customer without
permission from an officer of the company. A printed contract will have
language stating that such modifications are valid only if initialed by an
officer of the corporation, and the customer is therefore on notice that
the salesman can't improve the offer on his own. With a printed PDF file,
the salesman can modify the contract without the customer being aware of
it, and therefore the company might become liable for what the salesman
put into the contract without permission.