Re: Comparing Publishers, was: Re: Cambridge Journals Online

We paid the bills for some and not for others.  I think attempts to buy
bargain information without regard to its reputation within the projected
user community are questionable.  Our job is to bring users and
information together, not to do battle with what some perceive to be the
dark side of publishing. I am not advocating paying in silence, but rather
to strive to seek to communicate with the more profitable STM publishers.
In the end they need us, and we need their information.

tony