Follow-up to Peter (Re: Response to Kennith (Re: Elsevier Web Editions license))

At the risk of sounding self-promoting, I delivered a paper at the 1998
Charleston Conference that addresses (somewhat more long-windedly) the
very point Peter makes in his first paragraph below. It was subsequently
published in LCATS (v.  23, no. 2, pp. 183-190) and I'd be happy to mail
or e-mail a copy to anyone who might be interested.  I think that
questions about the economics of information creation and distribution are
only going to become more important and contentious as time goes on.

Rick Anderson
rick_anderson@uncg.edu