Re: Elsevier Web Editions license

I concur with Rebecca.  One of the first things legal counsel will tell
you is that verbal or written promises made outside of the license have
little or no legal standing.  It particularly bothers me that different
people within Elsevier might have provided you with different
interpretations of both their written license and their understanding of
its intent.  Of course, it also bothers me that when publishers won't
entertain changes to the license.  Not having seen it, I can only say that
my experience has been that there is always at least one thing that my
state won't accept in every license we've signed.

  -- Michele Newberry
      Assistant Director for Library Services
      Florida Center for Library Automation
      http://www.fcla.edu